What makes a good mom?
The opinions vary from person-to-person; it just depends on who you ask. One thing is clear though, mothers in the 21st century are faced with endless options, and tremendous pressures.
She juggles children, a spouse, activities and planning, finances, house chores, and often a full a time career to boot– she does all of this at the same time, and makes it look easy!
Super hero? Or Super Tired?
Probably a little of both. As a new mom, it is important for you to remember that feeling overwhelmed, is not something you should take lightly. Get a grip on it, before it gets a grip on you.
Here are a few tips to keep you thriving in motherhood…
- Every day, take time to reflect. Whether you journal, talk with other moms, or simply soak in a hot bath– take some time for yourself to assess what you accomplished, what you didn’t– and if your expectations of yourself are realistic.
- Consider that perhaps you are putting too much pressure on yourself. It’s easy to do. Especially with social media being a regular part of life. Often times, we see how other moms are handling their roles, and we feel that we are lacking. Don’t fall into the trap of comparing your mothering style, with another moms.
- Get out of the house. If you are a stay-at-home mom, leaving the house can be a daunting task. However, stepping outside the walls of your home can be the mental break that you need, in order to feel and be your best for you and your child. Just a quick walk, or even sitting outside while reading a book will often lift your spirits.
- Reach out. If you are feeling overwhelmed, talk to a trusted friend or family member. Allow yourself to be reminded that you are doing your best. Be honest about your fears, worries, and struggles. When the pressure becomes too much, talking with a therapist can help.
- And last, educate yourself. If you feel that you aren’t prepared for motherhood, or that you have room for improvement, we encourage you to learn all you can. Education is empowerment.
Newborn Course is Doctor Approved, and Mother Tested for moms just like you. We offer courses that will empower you to be the best parent you can be, while also providing you with real solutions that you can put into action.
We want you to know that you are not alone in your journey. We are here for support, advice, and to be an encouragement to you. Empowering moms is what we do best!